Mission: The Mission of the Clearwater Community Sailing Center is to provide safe, enriching and affordable sailing opportunities to local residents and visitors, including youth, seniors and the disabled for the enjoyment and benefit of our entire community.
Vision: The Vision of CCSC is to become the region’s most comprehensive, premier, all-year round sailing center.
- Committed to providing a physically and emotionally safe environment for all of our members and visitors.
- Believe and follow the principle of inclusion. We welcome and encourage everyone to participate in our activities regardless of age, gender, race, creed, place of origin, financial status or physical ability.
- Promote respect and appreciation for one’s self, others, society as a whole and the natural environment.
- Strive for continual improvement of individuals and organizations. The CCSC recognizes that this can be facilitated through healthy competition and the cooperation among various individuals and groups.
- Promote the development of sportsmanship.
Board of Directors
CCSA Chairman of the Board
CCSC Co-Chairman Kurt Taulbee
Treasurer Peter Temko
Secretary Pamela Lagattolla
Director Al Humphers
Director Frank Chivas
Director Claudia Nable
Director Lex Raas
Director Beau Plessner
Director Ted O’Brien
Director Jose Rodriguez
Our staff is the key element to all of our achievements at the CCSC. Each staff member is carefully picked for their leadership, enthusiasm and dedication to promoting water safety and all the programs the center provides. We strive to live up to your highest expectations and want you to completely enjoy the center and its services! The center’s staff works under the guidance of the CCSA board of directors.
Our staff recognizes that safety on the water is top priority. On staff are certified instructors with CPR and first-aid training.
Sailing Coaches & Instructors:
Opti Coach: Justin Ahearn – Level 3 Coach
Opti Green Fleet Coach: Erin McKie – Level 3 Coach
420 Coach: Ian Simon – Level 3 Coach
Laser Coach: Kurt Taulbee / SailFit
Windsurfing Coach: Justin Ahearn
Yard Staff & Maintenance: